As America wrestles with a range of social, political and cultural issues, liberal and conservative narratives often clash. And, California - with its vast diversity - has always been at the center of the political stage. As the ebb and flow of local politics garner more attention, we want to understand the social, cultural and political currents specific to four counties in CA - Alameda, Orange, Kern and San Diego.
Specifically, we want to explore how social, cultural and political issues come to life within each county and the role that demographics, politics/ politicians, community members, business operations, local/ global media outlets, etc. have on the framing of these issues. In other words, we need a document that will quickly help us “get smart” on these counties.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The final deliverable will be a Google doc with insights from your analysis of the four counties that outlines the following for each:
- A high-level demographic summary
- A cultural snapshot (the look and feel of each county; defining industries; local attractions; general age and life stage of population; common values and lifestyles; notable divides, etc.)
- An overview of big political shifts - on both the left and the right - from the past 3-5 years (major policies, politicians, voting history, relevant local and national issues, media outlets, etc.)
-Within this, we’d also love to get a sense of any local criminal justice reform coverage/ agendas/ policies
- Four counties: Alameda, Orange, Kern, San Diego
- For each, provide:
1. A demographic snapshot
2. A cultural snapshot
3. A (bipartisan) political snapshot
Application due: September 21
Awarded: September 22
Review work in progress: September 27
Delivery: October 3
THIS WOLF BITE IS NOW CLOSED.