We’re a team of brand strategists and do’ers that have uncovered insights, given brands a purpose, drove product innovation, designed experiences and charted roadmaps for clients ranging from startups to global mega-brands. We’ve done this with our brand purpose — Do Great Work, Live Great Lives — as our North Star.
Our structure is flexing and organic, our work is project-only and our clients are those that are trying to create a shift in their organizations, brands and in the world.
We are looking for the next wolves to join the Pack. We love the mavericks — those that are looking for a better way to work and live — and those that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get in there with us. If you're ready to work, learn and ultimately lead while delivering kickass work, Wolf & Wilhelmine just might be the place for you.
JOB TITLE & OVERVIEW
We are looking for a full-time Strategist to join our Wolf Pack, to work into one of our Alpha Strategists, to hustle and to have heart.
We are looking for someone who comes with a strong sense of initiative, who wants to take on responsibilities, take on projects and move his or her career to the next level. Your ambition should be balanced with a healthy dose of hunger to learn, as teaching and mentorship is an important part of our culture.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
We expect that after some months with us learning the W&W way, you would be ready and able to run projects independently with only director-level guidance.
At W&W, we use a framework that layouts the work traits, skills and management of every level of strategist, from intern to director. We would expect that you are operating (or soon operating) at the Strategist level as laid out below:
- Develop the story of the brand - data + emotion
- Understand insights and how to use them
- Map the story/logic of a strategy
- Meaningfully coordinate with other kinds of strategists
- Write a deck from top to bottom
- Present the deck solo to a client
- With support, field client questions
- Write effective creative briefs (in the case of W&W, all kinds)
- Work meaningfully with creatives
- Write briefs to research companies and partners
- Manage a research process
- Do research reports
- Intelligently use quantitative data
Manage up properly
W&W’S RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
W&W is founded on a philosophy of balance and growth. As part of that, there are responsibilities that the company will owe to you:
Challenges and opportunities. We want you to fly and will give you the opportunities and support to push your own career forward.
Dedicated time and attention to your growth. Through weekly check-ins and ongoing iterative feedback as well as a bi-annual full evaluation, we will track your progress against the Levels of Brand Strategy document and help you grow.
Education opportunities. Because we can’t teach you everything (surprisingly), we’re open to your proposing classes, books or other educational materials to further your growth within financial reason in addition to our Wolf School program.
We are looking for candidates who have four to six years of experience working as a strategist.
Outside of the skills outlined above, candidates should possess the following:
- A problem-solving mentality
- High attention to detail
- An understanding and enthusiasm for broader culture and trends
- Excellent at visual storytelling (i.e., Keynote)
- A good attitude and good energy
- The ability to operate well in a non-structured environment
- Initiative and independence
- Currently authorized to work in the US
OTE: Getting a ton of emails isn't in line with Doing Great Work nor Living a Great Life. Surprising. Please be respectful of our inboxes. If you're interested in applying, please fill out the application form. Any applicants reaching out via email will be excluded from consideration.